25 TIPS ON HOW I CAN READ MY BIBLE
- Use a Bible reading plan. Here’s some to check out.
Read your Bible even when you don’t feel like it.
3. Don’t get down on yourself if you skip a devotional time.
4. Read your Bible with others to learn more in community.
5. Don’t skip devotional Bible reading for Christian books.
6. Use a commentary. Check out this post on how to find the best commentaries.
7. Ask a godly mentor about his or her Bible reading methods.
8. The best way to increase your faith in the Bible is not by reading books about the Bible, but by actually reading the Bible. So read it.
9. Don’t avoid the Old Testament. There’s lots of treasures to be found there.
10. Don’t avoid Revelation — it’s more encouraging than you think.
11. Use a study Bible. I like the ESV Study Bible .
12. Use a Bible reading app.
13. Use your best energy for your Bible reading time.
14. Don’t mistake a desire to read the Bible for actually reading the Bible. Desire is great, but it doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t lead to action.
15. That said, struggle with desire? Pray and ask God for help.
16. If you’ve struggled with Bible reading in 2018, don’t wait until 2019 to start reading. Start today.
17. Meditate on what you read after you read it.
18. Write down what you learnt.
19. Pick one book of the Bible and read it over, and over, and over again. You’ll be surprised how much more you see in one book when you read it 10 times as opposed to once.
20. Pray before, during, and after you read. Pray for these things.
21. Don’t become self-righteous because of your Bible knowledge. Your Bible tells you that your Bible knowledge shouldn’t make you self-righteous, but grateful, loving, and humble.
22. Share what you learn about the Bible with others.
23. Read what other “bible teachers” said about the Bible to inspire you.
24. Be sure to practice good interpretation methods to avoid misunderstanding.
25. Never stop reading.